Hundreds of clean water supporters will gather on the Hudson River for Riverkeeper's Annual Fishermen's Ball to honor the environmental advocacy of President Bill Clinton and Trudie Styler & Sting. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is among the notables scheduled to present, and guests will be treated to a special musical performance by Rufus Wainwright. Funds raised will benefit Riverkeeper, New York's clean water advocate. The event takes place on Wednesday, April 13 at Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers - Hudson River and 23rd Street.
Confirmed supporters from film, television, comedy, entertainment, fashion & politics include:
- President Bill Clinton, Recipient of Riverkeeper's "Big Fish" Award
- Joan and George Hornig, Event Co-Chairs
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Chief Prosecuting Attorney, Riverkeeper
- Sonia and Paul Tudor Jones, Event Co-Chairs
- Patty Smyth McEnroe and John McEnroe, Event Co-Chairs
- Anne Hearst McInerney and Jay McInerney, Event Co-Chairs
- Trudie Styler & Sting, Recipients of Riverkeeper's "Big Fish" Award
- Rufus Wainwright, Grammy Award-nominated singer-songwriter
- Jann Wenner, Editor & Publisher, Rolling Stone magazine and Event Co-Chair
For more than four decades, Riverkeeper has been the leader among environmental organizations in protecting the precious water resources that serve the citizens of the Hudson Valley and New York City. We have successfully prosecuted hundreds of environmental lawbreakers, prevented pollution of sensitive drinking water reservoirs upon which millions of people rely, and become the proud model for nearly 200 Waterkeeper programs across the world that now patrol and protect rivers, bays, lakes and streams on six continents. Please visit www.riverkeeper.org for more information.