Feature Performances May 11-14, 2023 Showcase Pure Jazz, Kingdom Gospel, Caribbean Fusion and World Beats, with More Artists to Be Added Soon.
Renowned as the biggest and best music event in the Caribbean for three decades, the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival returns from May 5-14, 2023 after a three-year hiatus. The 2023 Festival will include headline performances from Sting featuring Shaggy, as well as many globally-recognized performers. Tickets go on sale February 15, 2023 at www.stlucia.org/jazz.
Spanning classic jazz to world beats, the 2023 Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival will again attract visitors from around the world as the lineup includes international, local and Caribbean music. Genres include Afro beats, jazz, gospel, Soca, reggae, Zouk, pop and an array of cultural beats and exciting rhythms. The iconic and historic Pigeon Island National Park is the waterside backdrop for the open air performances.
“The 2023 Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival promises to be the best yet, as we continue our tradition of hosting the Caribbean’s premier jazz and arts event. The Festival will showcase music, the performing arts, fine arts, creole cuisine and the effervescence of Saint Lucia’s creative industries,” said Minister of Tourism, Hon. Dr. Ernest Hilaire.
As of January 25, 2023, the musical lineup is as follows, with more details to be announced:
- Friday, May 5 - Kick-Off: Caribbean genres with some of the biggest names from the region headlined by reggae superstar Shenseea and Kes the Band
- May 6-9 - Entertainment & Community Jazz: Explore authentic Saint Lucian culture and people through an eclectic mix of local events
- Wednesday, May 10 - Kingdom Gospel Night: A riveting, inspiring showcase of praise and worship with some of the best names in Gospel, to be announced at a later date
- Thursday, May 11 - Pure Jazz: Grammy winner, pianist, and composer Gustavo Casenave and special tribute to Saint Lucia's Luther François, the godfather of Saint Lucia jazz
- Friday, May 12 - Caribbean Fusion: Featuring Buju Banton, Bunji Garlin, Fay Ann Lyons
- Saturday, May 13 - World Beats: Journey the globe with the best of Afro beats with Rema, Ayra Starr, CKay and Kizz Daniel
- Sunday, May 14 - The Ultimate Celebration and Culmination on Mother’s Day: The most distinctive and influential musician of the century, 17-time Grammy Award winner Sting will headline the evening with Shaggy.
The arts scene in Saint Lucia is also celebrated at the Festival. Beginning May 5, there will be community-based events across the island, emphasizing the jazz and arts scenes throughout key communities.
The Arts component of the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival will be held under the theme “Art and the City” from May 7-11. The Arts will include visual art, literary art, theater, fashion, an Icon Series, craft and souvenir markets, and a variety of events at the Derek Walcott Square, William Peter Boulevard, Constitution Park, Pointe Seraphine, and Serenity Park. From the visual arts to the theater, visitors will be immersed in the creativity and vibrancy of Saint Lucia.
Tickets and Travel Packages
Saint Lucia Tourism Authority, Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Development Foundation have collaborated to develop a Festival that will have strong appeal across the Caribbean, United States, Canada, the U.K. and the world. Signature Saint Lucia accommodations and events across the island suit all interests and budgets. The events will immerse visitors in a destination-wide experience.
Ticketing and packages will be available at www.stlucia.org/jazz.
About Saint Lucia: One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies' Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia is nestled halfway down the Eastern Caribbean archipelago. Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), a tropical rainforest, the highly-Instagrammed mud baths at Sulphur Springs Park, and one of the world’s few drive-in volcanoes. Culturally rich offerings include the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, quaint fishing villages along the coastline, and events including the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival. Saint Lucia's wide range of accommodations includes five-star hotels, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns, and value-oriented properties. The destination also offers world-class cruise and yachting facilities. The island is continually recognized as a leading wedding and honeymoon destination worldwide. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is the official destination marketing and promotion organization for Saint Lucia. Learn more at www.stlucia.org and follow on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.